- Only for Alpha Yohimbine lovers!
- No DMAA/DMHA
- Uneven bursts of energy
- Very strong stimulation
- Good pumps
- Uneven focus
(Use code EXPERIMENT to get 15% of ALL ORDERS!)
Psycho Pharma has remade the Edge of Insanity preworkout at least 5 times by now. I’ll be reviewing the newest version with Zembrin that is available on SuppKingz. They have been notorious for creating some of the most insane preworkouts on the market. Now, with most of the incredibly strong ingredients banned, they try to create something that would suit FDA and still rival old legends like Jack3D.
Psycho Pharma Edge of Insanity is one of the weirdest reviews I’ve done. It’s certainly a unique preworkout worthy of a category of its own. However, I believe the earlier versions might have been better. Quite unfortunate that FDA stamped down on so many good versions of Edge of Insanity – reviewing them is now impossible!
- Beta Alanine (3.2g) – Classic tingle and endurance ingredient. Clinically dosed, will provide a decent boost to the start of the workout by creating a tingling sensation in the body and helps reduce fatigue at the end of the session.
- Citrulline Malate (8g) – Classic pump ingredient. I assume this is the 1:1 version (with 50% Citrulline, 50% Malic Acid) which gives you about 4g of L-Citrulline. Decent dose that will improve Nitric Oxide production.
- Zembrin® (25mg) – Patented version of Kanna. It’s supposed to be a lot stronger in the mood elevation effects than the regular version of Kanna but is dosed a lot lower. It should provide a decent boost in mood elevation, focus, and calmness.
- Caffeine Anhydrous (350mg) – Classic stimulant. Will get you through the workout by providing energy, stimulation, and focus. Should give you about 3-4 cups worth of black coffee of Caffeine.
- Theobromine (20mg) – Nootropic ingredient. It’s the active part of dark chocolate that improves mood and slightly elevates focus.
- Yohimbine HCl (5mg) – Fat burner. Works as both a stimulant and fat burner, has some appetite suppressing properties.
- Rauwolscine 98% (4mg) – Fat burner and stimulant. Also known as Alpha Yohimbine, a more powerful version of Yohimbine. Has powerful effects as a fat burner and stimulant but for some people comes with a whole host of side effects.
Overall, it’s a short label that goes for a little bit of everything. Zembrin is quite unique but it won’t be able to carry the preworkout so much to make it truly exceptional in one regard. There are no super powerful stimulants (outside of the hefty dose of Yohimbine), nootropics or pump ingredients.
My god, the Psycho Pharma Edge of Insanity review has been hard to put into words. It’s a unique preworkout in both good and bad regards. There is truly nothing else like it in the market.
For starters, it actually starts out with a rush of Caffeine which kicks in quite fast. That is soon interrupted by Zembrin causing a calming effect that doubles as a focus improvement. After that, Zembrin is interrupted by Yohimbine with its extreme potency. Edge of Insanity definitely got its Alpha Yohimbine from whatever was the most potent. There’s a very clear kick-in time for Alpha Yohimbine that also brings in the classic side effects.
There’s incredible thirst, extreme appetite suppression, the overstimulated “sick” feeling. All of these and more side effects are likely to happen when taking Psycho Pharma Edge of Insanity. Reviewing it was definitely a difficult experience. However, the side effects don’t seem to always be there even during the same workout. They ebb and flow seemingly randomly at times.
Pumps will be the least of your concern. Between the stimulation, energy, and sickness you will be trying to figure out how to survive the workout instead of how to get the best pump. There’s is some improvement in that area but frankly, just Citrulline Malate on its own often isn’t going to cut it. For a preworkout like Psycho Pharma Edge of Insanity it’s definitely not going to cut it.
However, I’m not a Alpha Yohimbine lover. Some people absolutely rave about it and seem to enjoy preworkouts with it. For those people who love Alpha Yohimbine and its effects – this might be the perfect preworkout. I’ve seen some people absolutely dig Edge of Insanity and think it’s the best preworkout ever. It didn’t seem like that to me but take this review with a grain of salt as I don’t like Yohimbine and I am immune to Beta Alanine tingles.
Psycho Pharma Edge of Insanity Review Summary
- Price – 6/10. While it’s a 25 serving tub, the price isn’t too steep for what you’re getting.
- Energy – ?/10. Extremely hard to rate it on energy as it seems to keep changing its mind throughout the workout.
- Stimulation – 7/10. After Alpha Yohimbine kicks in you will be feeling stimmed!
- Focus – ?/10. Like with energy, I found the focus uneven. Once Zembrin kicks in I got a zen-like focus which was ripped away from me by the Yohimbine. If you can handle Yohimbine well, I could see this going up to a 8 or even 9.
- Pumps – 3/10. Citrulline by itself isn’t going to cut it, especially with so much other things going on during the experience.
Overall, my Psycho Pharma Edge of Insanity review is simple. Do you like Alpha Yohimbine? If yes, it’s worth a shot. If not, steer clear.
Buy Now (Use code EXPERIMENT to get 15% of ALL ORDERS!)