- Extremely high stimulation
- Extremely high energy
- Strong crash
- Super focus
- One of, if not the, strongest preworkouts out there
(Use code EXPERIMENT for a discount!)
Imperial Nutrition Excelsior ranks among the best and most hardcore preworkouts out there. Excelsior is being hyped by nearly every reviewer. Does the hype live up to its name? Let’s find out by reviewing the label, my personal experience, and my overall score. Note that I will be reviewing the recommended 2 scoops (maximum dose).
Imperial Nutrition Excelsior Label Review
Unfortunately, it’s a proprietary blend of 5.3g, so we can’t say for sure what’s going on here. But labels are supposed to be written in a descending order (i.e. the higher the ingredient in the list, the higher it’s percentage in the blend). I will have to lower the overall score for the Excelsior preworkout in this review due to the proprietary blend.
Note: we’re basing this off of on 2 scoop serving size.
- L-Citrulline – a pump product, one of the best out there. Unfortunately, the best dosages range up to 10g, there’s no way even 5g of L-Citrulline is in the mix. Luckily, L-Citrulline is much better than Citrulline Malate in any form for pumps. A bonus point for Excelsior preworkout (and any PWO) in my reviews.
- Trimethylglycine (Betaine) – a jack-of-all-trades ingredient, mostly used for muscular endurance and pumps. Yet again, most likely underdosed as the best dosages get up to 2.5g.
- Kigelia Africana Extract – a powerful stimulant. Should be somewhere at the power of caffeine. Considered to be as a replacement for DMAA or DMHA.
- Caffeine Anhydrous – well, it’s caffeine. Nothing to write home about but nearly everyone knows about the stimulant. No pre-workout goes without this and Excelsior pre-workout is no different.
- Bauhinia Purpurea Extract (Purple orchid tree) – a metabolic rate increaser. Helps burn and metabolize fat. A rare ingredient, though.
- Bitter Orange Extract – a powerful stimulant that works on neurotransmitters.
- Octopamine – a fat burning and stimulant ingredient that is a derivative of DMHA.
- Hawthorn Extract – reduces the body’s ability to metabolize certain ingredients. It can be a bit dangerous as it extends the half-life of ingredients which can increase the blood levels of each. Take extra care when taking Excelsior preworkout.
Excelsior comes close to being the most hardcore preworkout on the market. Out of all the things I’ve tried, Excelsior preworkout reviews the highest on the stimulant scale. It’s unbelievably strong and made me feel incredibly high. In fact, it feels like there are more ingredients than listed on the label.
I didn’t feel any tingles but it seems I am largely immune to these. Only one preworkout has ever given me tingles and that is Rage XXX from Centurion Labz on two scoops which is above the recommended maximum dose (don’t go over maximum doses!).
On the stimulant side of things – extreme appetite suppression, extreme energy and focus. In fact, at times it made me feel a bit uncomfortable and drew me away from productivity and training. Although there are no extreme drawbacks (no jitters, no sickness), the highness is extreme. Excelsior preworkout is for high-stim lovers.
Have a large amount of water on hand whenever you take Excelsior. During my few times I’ve tried Excelsior for this review, thirst was consistent and it was crazy. I believe I’ve drank somewhere between 1.5L to 2L of water over two-three hours during the effects. Not drinking water is likely to be dangerous and will make the side effects worse.
Imperial Nutrition Excelsior Preworkout Review Roundup
- Price – 0/10. If you go the 2 scoop route, you’re getting 15 servings. Expensive. No other way around it.
- Stimulation – 11/10. It’s just that strong. You’ll be out of your mind stimmed on two scoops.
- Focus – 10/10. Outstanding focus that just helps you kill the weights.
- Energy – 10/10. Long-lasting extreme boost of energy.
- Pumps – 3/10. Quite weak pumps, most likely due to the underdosed ingredients.
Overall, it’s a high-stim lover’s dream. If you want to feel like every gym session is a party at the club, Excelsior preworkout is the right fit. It comes at a steep price but the effects are unmatched.
Buy Now (Use code EXPERIMENT for a 15% discount!)