- For productive workouts
- Well-rounded label
- Advanced users only
- Extremely strong rush of energy
- Impressive improvement in focus
- Decent mood elevation
- Good pumps
- No harsh comedown
Use code EXPERIMENT to get 15% off entire order!
Inspired Nutraceuticals DVST8 of the Union is one of the newer preworkouts on the market. It’s one of those highly artistic supplements as it forgoes most of the usual design principles as it has a beautiful label but impossible to understand flavors. Inspired Nutraceuticals DVST8 of the Union preworkout comes in three flavors – Black Nebula, L$D, and Northern Lights. I used the Nebula one for my Inspired Nutraceuticals DVST8 of the Union review.
A standout feature is how well-rounded in its effects it is. There’s no absolute stimulation madness that is induced by many other extreme preworkouts (e.g. Dark Labs Crack) but it’s still impressive in almost all regards. Throughout my Inspired Nutraceuticals DVST8 of the Union review, I had an absolute blast each time without experiencing any negative side effects.
Note that I will be reviewing Inspired Nutraceuticals DVST8 of the Union Review 2 Scoop dosages and basing my evaluation on those values.
- L-Citrulline (4000mg) – A classic pump ingredient. Best form of Citrulline at a decent dose of 4g. Will greatly enhance blood flow, pumps, and nitric oxide production. Unfortunately, this could go at least 4g higher for maximum effectiveness.
- GlycerPump™ (2000mg) – Pump and hydration ingredient. Will increase the amount of water drawn into muscles, resulting in better performance. Could go up to 4g.
- Beta Alanine (3200mg) – Muscular endurance and classic tingle ingredient. Clinically dosed, will let you bang out more reps and provide the tingling feeling at the start of the workout.
- R3 Tonic™ (Creatine Monohydrate, L-Glutamine, Epicatechin) (2940mg) – Trademarked mix. Creatine monohydrate is supposed to improve performance but clinical doses range from 3g to 5g intake daily. L-Glutamine and Epicatechin might improve muscle mass developed through several downstream effects (such as improvements in insulin secretion). Interesting mix, hard to say what it is exactly intended to do.
- L-Tyrosine (1500mg) – Nootropic ingredient. Will improve focus, cognition, and mood. Dosed fairly well as the usual amounts range from 1 to 2g.
- Caffeine Anhydrous (350mg) – Classic stimulant. About 3 cups worth of black coffee, will definitely give you a small kick in the butt to get going.
- EnXtra Alpina Galanga Extract (Root) (300mg) – Improves other stimulants. Will smooth out the experience and provide an additional kick.
- Eria Jarensis Extract (150mg) – Stimulant. Considered the “natural” form of DMHA. Will greatly improve focus, stimulation, and energy.
- zumXR XR Caffeine (100mg) – Classic stimulant. An extended release form caffeine, will prevent hard crashing due to the evening out of energy levels.
- CoLEAN™ (Alpha GPC 50%, Choline DL-Bitartrate, Citicoline) (100mg) – Nootropic ingredient. All forms of choline included, slightly underdosed but should provide a small boost in cognition.
- Hordenine (60mg) – Fat burner ingredient. Will help with energy and fat metabolism. Well-dosed.
- Isopropylnorsynephrine (50mg) – Another fat burner. Considered the most effective form of Synephrine. Will provide great amounts of energy and fat metabolism.
- Cocoabuterol Cocoa (Theobromine) (30mg) – Nootropic and slight stimulant. Theobromine improves cognition and possibly fat metabolism.
- Alpha Yohimbine (1mg) – Fat burner. A more powerful version of Yohimbine bark, will improve blood flow, energy, and a slight bonus to mood elevation.
- Yohimbine HCl (1mg) – Pretty much the same as Alpha Yohimbine, just a less effective version with a different time-to-effects graph.
Overall, a very large and well-rounded label. There could be improvements in the pump ingredient and digestion aid area but otherwise the label seems to be nearly perfect.
Interestingly in my Inspired Nutraceuticals DVST8 of the Union preworkout review I found very little extremely outstanding features. I would say the strongest feature of the preworkout is the energy. There’s no crazy stimulation, “narrowed down & cracked out” feeling, no insane, illicit-feeling mood elevation (like with Magnitude Life Sciences Dark Energy). Stimulation, focus, and mood elevation are solid but not at stim-junkie levels.
Pumps were a bit lacking but it’s not surprising as there’s a lack of ingredients for it. Stimulants and nootropics can only get you so far with pumps. There is definitely room for improvement here. I found that adding some pure L-Citrulline to the preworkout greatly enhanced the experience.
Side effect wise, there were several classics – increased thirst and some overproduction of saliva. I might be a bit sensitive to Alpha Yohimbine and I definitely felt it during my DVST8 of the Union preworkout review. There was a small amount of the sweating and heating up but no sickness feeling. To be honest, it was fine and I believe even if you are sensitive to Yohimbine, DVST8 of the Union can still be a great preworkout.
Overall, I found it to be extremely well-rounded, exactly as you would expect from the label. It’s a jack-of-all-trades, worthy of adding to any experienced user’s shelf.
DVST8 of the Union Preworkout Review Summary
- Price – 3/10. Unfortunately, 2 scoops mean only 20 servings for ~$60 without a sale or discount code. Fairly expensive.
- Stimulation – 8/10. There’s a strong feeling of stimulation that’s very productive.
- Energy – 9/10. Will definitely get you up and moving.
- Focus – 8/10. Nice boost in focus, provides a healthy “narrowed down” or tunnel vision feeling.
- Pumps – 4/10. Fairly meh, there’s improvement but nothing crazy.
Overall, I would say Inspired Nutraceuticals DVST8 of the Union is for those looking for a productive, almost daily driver preworkout. It’s a bit too strong to be a daily driver but very close. I could see this being used for both gym and non-gym activities where a lot of focus and energy is required.
Use code EXPERIMENT to get 15% off entire order!